How to build a brand. My name is Duncan and I have been an Import Dojo Master Class member for the past 8 months. As mentioned in the previous blog post, I will be making a blog series on how to build a better brand and provide an in-depth guide on tools & strategies to help sellers expand beyond Amazon.
The Idea Behind The Series and Course
Over the last month, many established and new Amazon sellers have experienced several changes on the platform – both positive and negative. The biggest change was the update in Amazon’s review policy which made launching a new product much harder.
That’s when the idea of the Zero To Hero blog series came up. Both I and Manuel realized that to succeed on Amazon, you need to have:
● A good product
● A strong brand
● Multiple sales channels
Over the past few months, we have explored different strategies which will help you not only become a successful Amazon seller, but also gain exposure globally.
Aim For Long Term Success: Building a Strong Brand with Multiple & Global Sales Channels
The main aim of the blog series is to go from idea to a strong, recognizable brand in your niche. Unfortunately, a lot of entrepreneurs are focusing solely on the Amazon platform. While it may be the easiest and the lowest barrier to entry; there are many disadvantages:
● No control over your brand since the customer belongs to Amazon
● Amazon has made several changes which affected sellers badly
● Building a business on one income stream is never good
● Higher competition & lower pricing
● Some markets are saturated
In Zero to Hero, we will go over other E-commerce platforms, both in the US and in other countries. The series will provide an in-depth guide on which channels work best, including marketing strategies for each, including:
1. Which E-Commerce platform to use to build your own online store
2. Expanding in the US beyond Amazon, this will include stores such as Walmart and also small retailers(How to find them & approach them)
3. Selling in Japan & EU
4. Product branding – How to custom packaging, handling customer service & inserts
5. Social Media Marketing – A deep look into Adwords & Facebook advertising for e-commerce
6. Outsourcing & Building a Team – Where to find Virtual Assistants and which tasks make sense to outsource.
This is only a fraction of what will be included in the full blog series. Below is a representation of what Zero to Hero will offer. In the next blog series, we will have an introduction on what makes a successful brand and how to apply it to your brand or product.
An Overview of Our Blog Series
Please feel free to share and comment if you have any questions or if you want something included in the series.
All the best and happy selling 🙂