So why should you visit China or do business there? Honestly, so many reasons! Here are 8 reasons for you:
1) You will want to see the production and how your product is being made. It’s a great experience.
2) If you want to develop your own products you may want to do so in person with the factory.
It may be difficult to handle trough email.
Details are often misread or misunderstood in emails, especially when they are of a technical reason. A simple meeting with a supplier can solve many problems and obstacles.
3) See the real factories and not the trading companies behind Alibaba’s “curtain”.
4) Meet the people you have solely been dealing over email so far.
Get to know each other and perhaps even become friends.
5) Get the best prices and negotiate prices one on one. Believe me, negotiating with someone face to face will get you further than any email.
Over the phone or email I have been told so many times that this is the last price they can do. Being at the factory a few days later and convincing him in person that I need this price and his business depends on it made him agree.
This also applies to claims & compensations